Friday, May 16, 2014

The Run to One Billion* Contest Winner Alert!

The Run to One Billion* was a huge success. Thank you for helping us get to our goal of a billion* pageviews on the ol' blog. We are excited to announce the winner!

But first, I need to explain something. Last time we had a big contest, I announced the winner via a wonderfully choreographed, beautifully filmed, and superbly written video clip starring me. It drew rave reviews (which is to say that nobody came right out and said it was terrible), and helped me to realize that my dream of being a movie star was probably dumb. Thankfully, I actually sometimes learn from my mistakes, so I decided to announce this contest's winner with an equally well-produced video starring the Girl. She is the one child that is most apt to actually speak up and enunciate well enough for you, the viewer, to be able to understand her. And, she's quite photogenic, if I do say so myself. Unfortunately, she has been barfing her brains out for the past 3 days. So I put that plan on the back burner.
Will the winner choose the cookies? I guess we'll just have to wait to find out....

Without the help of the Girl, I thought I better just hurry up and announce the winner via the written word. In order to choose the winner this time, I assigned everyone a number, and then found a fancy-schmancy online random number generator to pick the winner. I am not sure how it works, but the website included lots of big NASA-sounding words on it, so it must be good.

The random number generator thingy chose the number 83, which happened to correspond with the name Heather Robbins from Illinois. Congratulations Heather! You have won the chance to choose your fabulous prize from the Personalized Golf Lesson, the Personalized Fly Tying Lesson, the Personalized Fly Fishing Lesson, the Guided Day of Trout Fishing, or a Box of Delicious Cookies. I know you will choose wisely! I will contact you personally to get your decision.

In the meantime, don't let the end of the contest keep you (I'm talking to all of you now, not just Heather) from coming back and enjoying all the silliness here at Chaotic Kids & Clutter. And, if you feel like it, or even if you don't, tell your friends to check us out, too. We would love to get to 2 billion* pageviews in the near future. Helping us get there will make you feel warm and fuzzy inside (warm and fuzzy feeling is not guaranteed).

2 comments:

  1. I object because it was a pseudo-random number!
    And, I really want a box of cookies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure why you would call a totally random number a pseudo random number, but I can barely do basic 'rithmetic. And, if you really want a box of cookies, I can talk to the Wife to see what we can do...she's in charge of all cookie-related matters around here.

      Delete